Friday, January 13, 2012

Nope

Not again today.  I actually awoke several times in the night thinking I wanted to check that e-mail to see if just by chance they had sent us a response.  8 hours ahead.  I kept myself from doing so as I didn't want to spoil my nights sleep (yeah, right!) with great news or with disappointment of what had not arrived.
6:05 ... roll over, check e-mails.  Nothing.

I was somewhat o.k. with that until I realized that it was already Friday.  The only time T.G.I.F. is not celebrated is in the world of adoption when you are waiting on something.  O.K. so like for 18-24 months for sure!  That along with the fact that Monday is MLK and they are off to celebrate that means - nothing until at least Tuesday.  GRRRR!

Even given holidays we have passed our 10 day mark, though.  My sweet agency let us know that we shouldn't be concerned that it is something with our case as other families who were submitted in the similar timeframe are also waiting.  That gives some comfort ... but doesn't make it easier.  Waiting is waiting and at this point ... every day is a day lost with my child.   I know the Lord will restore each of those.  I am praying he does so in abundance!

One of the hardest things to work through in adoption is expectations!

We hosted an adoption seminar last night and that is one thing we tried to convey ... set aside your expectations.  But the reality is, that is so hard when someone hands them to you.  "10 days and you should hear a response".  Somehow, your heart jumps right in to expectations and you find yourselves marking off days off your calendar (or so I am told - ha).

I'm being told the Embassy is "Backlogged".  I also know they are now requiring birth parent interviews and doing some extensive investigations for abandonment cases.  Given those things and the fact that they have holidays for two countries they take off  - 23 days off total (yes I did count), I can see why... it still doesn't make it o.k. or easier for me.

Here's what they show for holidays.  See for yourself.  As well, perhaps it will help you set a better expectation of your own "10 days".  Oh and the * means they take the day off on the Friday or Monday.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs