Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I need off the roller coaster!

Today was good ... and hard.  Good because we got an update of our sweet boy.  Hard because we got an update of our sweet boy.  Confused?

Our sweet boy is adorable and being so far away is growing ever so much harder.  I'm such a liar ...
I just said a day or two ago how at peace I was.  And I was.  But now ... not so much!  I'm a mess.

Welcome to the roller coaster of emotions with an adoption!

Yep, today I woke up and decided that I was so done with this wait.  Today I woke up angry that we had received nothing ... just silence, from the embassy.  I also woke up wondering and worried that there could be delays.  So not that peace I had two days ago huh?  

I'm so done not being able to see his smile, hold his hand and tell him he's never going to be alone again.  I'm ready to figure out his likes and dislikes.  I'm ready to hear him laugh.  I'm ready to see him learn new things and experience a new world.  I ready to hear him say again "Balooo" for Blue and giggle.  And well, honestly ... you know your ready when you can visualize the really hard ... and say your ready for that too.  Could it be any harder than being 8,000 miles away from your son?

So, today I felt that way and then it got worse (and better).  Confused?  Welcome to my hormones.

We got our December update for Zebene.  It is with joy I got see his face.  It is also with heartache as I see how much he is changing and growing without us.  It is joy that I see him smiling and climbing on a park.  It is with great sadness that I'm not the one helping him on the jungle gym while he plays.  It is with joy that I read all the Nanny's answers to my questions.  It is with heartache that I read that he too has heartache.  
Ugh, dear Jesus, I'm starting to get motion sickness.  I seriously need off this roller coaster!  

Lord hear our cries

This is what they said today.  The questions were mine ... the answers are in purple.


1. What do you believe we should have in our home or how should we prepare to help Zebene feel most comfortable when he arrives here with us? 
a. He loves to have lots of playing cars, books and toys, to play with him and when he become angry or fussy he needs to be held closely or hugged 
2. Does Zebene still have the photo albums we sent and is anyone sharing them with him? Does he ever mention his family now that we have met? 
a. He often looks at the photo albums. After the family left he is always asking when his family is coming. Especially when he seeing other kid’s families coming 
3. Does Zebene understand that the family that came to see him (us) will one day soon return to bring him with us to our home and make him our son? Do you visit with him about this? 
a. After the family retuned he has been somehow sad and he has received follow up by transition home social worker and psychotherapist and he is doing well and assured that family will come back. 
4. Does Zebene have a particular Nanny(s) that cares for him? If so, what are your names? (I have a picture of him with 2 Nanny's that I would love to bring.): 
a. Zebene doesn’t have particular a Nanny he especially attached to, he is harmonious with all. When he was asked about it, he said Enatenesh and Abnet, who are his nursery school teachers. If you have photos with Nannies you can bring them and give them. 
5. How is Zebene put down for bed/nap each day? Is he a good sleeper? Do you think he would be most comfortable upon arriving home sleeping in a room with someone else? 
a. At 7:00 pm he will go to bed and he may not fall asleep for a few minutes. After he falls sleep, he sleeps all night. He will take a nap after lunch from 12:30 pm – 2:00pm each day. 

Here's a few pictures too though this time they are blurry and well ... they shaved his hair again.  BOOO!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs