Friday, January 20, 2012

Glimmers of light

 I think I am starting to see a small light illuminating in the horizon.  We are getting closer!!  I am hesitant to believe it might be true as the thought of falling into disappointment if these things don't come to pass overwhelms me.  Yet, I am having an oh so difficult time guarding my heart as I am clinging to the hope that we might just very well be blessed soon.  Do I really see a light through that tunnel?

So here is what we know now ...

Next Thursday, January 26 (which is Wed. in the middle of the night the 25 for us), our birth Mom is scheduled for an interview with the embassy.  Provided that interviews takes place as it is scheduled and all goes as our agency believes it should, we could be cleared that day to bring home our little boy!

Our agency asked us to submit 3 choices of days after that for our in country interview with the embassy (we will schedule travel around this very important day).  After talking to a travel agent and Doug looking through his crazy work schedule, it appears we would have a hard time leaving before the 3 of February.  Delayed more so because of my husband's work than anything else.

I'll admit, there are many many things the Lord has for me to learn along the way of this journey.  His lessons do not stop.  This week, it is the art of living out how to be a submissive and honoring wife.  I really just wanted to throw a huge 2 year old tantrum with the thought that he needs us to wait an entire week after we could possibly be cleared to leave and be with Zebene - and bring him home.  I have a feeling that week will feel like watching molasses drip on a cold day.  BUT ... this story isn't about me.  I am called to honor my husband and this is what he needs to be sure to leave his business well and feel ready to be away.  He is an incredible Daddy, husband and provider and so I here goes ... honor.

SO ...

We have requested February 6 as our first choice, February 7 as our second and February 3 as our third choice.  Yes ... you saw that right.  Doug said that if we couldn't get in on the 6 or 7 for an interview (which would have us leaving out on Friday the 3), he'd run around like a mad man and we would go out earlier than the 3rd of February.   Hmmmmm?  Is it bad to say I pray that the embassy chooses our third choice as our first?  Ooop ... I think I just failed the honor and submission test.  HAHA.

All of this planning, however, is greatly dependent and contingent on that interview on the 26th with the birth mom.  Preparing for travel is a mute point if we cannot get the embassy to clear us that day.  Yes, that means - pray pray pray on Wednesday the 25th .... and if led, if you awake in the night, pray again.

We could very possibly awake to news on the 26th.  Because Addis is 8 hours ahead, all this work of interviews, embassy submission and communication between our field staff in Ethiopia and the Embassy will happen while we sleep.  HA ... sleep ... I have a feeling that will be a distant thought that night.

In the meantime, we are preparing as if in a few weeks our little boy is coming home.  Getting some needed appointments taken care of, getting our taxes in order for the year, making sure we have everything we need for him and trying to prepare for the new journey ahead - transition.  I have some crazy excited kids who are so ready!




1 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise God! This news made my day!!! Yeah!!! Our adoption has officially begun as of yesterday, so I will love reading every bit of your blog while your gone to see what we are really in for :). Hope to get to know your beautiful family better and we will pray for a safe trip home for Levi!
Many Blessings,
The Harl's

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs