Friday, February 17, 2012

A photo glimpse of one week


A week ago tonight we stepped off the plane and became a family of 6.  It's hard to believe we have hit the one week mark.   I can't even believe how much I love you, Zebene.  The reality is, I believed in my heart that it would take some time to learn to love you.  I knew that was normal and I was prepared for it.  But the Lord did so much more ... and I can say with all of me ... you are so so loved!

So many things I prayed along the way of this journey ... and already I have seen this week the Lord answer many of them.  One of the things I prayed most was for my kids at home - and specifically for Maliah.  Being the youngest and adopted herself, I knew this journey may bring us some setbacks in behavior, jealousy etc.  The Lord has done MORE than I could imagine ... and well, to say she adores you, her brother and you adore her is an understatement.  You giggle in delight when she comes home and become alive with excitement to share and play together.

Over the week, I have taken a few pictures.  Not as many as one would expect but well, we're a little busy around here and the camera often becomes the after thought.
Here are a few of the first week home ...


We have played a LOT of leggos.  And your favorite is  building "Me-ki-na's" (Cars).  

To think a week ago, you would scream if we got you in the shower.  Now, you pour the water all over your head.


Your buddy Matthew gave you these.  It is hilarious that when you put them on, you will say "Cool Mama" because I said that once when you put them on me.


Your brother is the best ... and he is determined to make a hunter out of you.


Probably my favorite sibling moment.  You reached out and held Maliah's hand while you happily watched her play on her leap pad.  She acted like it was second nature and as you guys sat together, you chatted away (in Amharic) and she talked back and answered as if you both could understand every word.  This is my answer to prayers this week!


This photo makes me smile because their were 2 chairs to sit in to color, but you insisted on siting WITH Maliah while she worked on her homework.  

3 comments:

pmalleca said...

Love it!!!! Dont you love how he just fits perfectly with your family:) God is so Good!

Cindy Foote said...

Beautiful pictures. Can't believe it's already been a week.

Anonymous said...

Such sweet pictures. Looks like Maliah and Zebene are going to have a special bond with one another. Thanks to Jesus for all those answered prayers.

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs