Sunday, February 19, 2012

Daddy!

Zebene loves his Daddy.  He finds security and comfort there.  He has a reverence for him ... and when he speaks, Zebene listens.   I can often ask him to do something and well, the reality is ... I sometimes get the shoulder shrug and a look that says "no".  But not Daddy.   He listens when Daddy speaks.

Zebene loves his Mommy too.  He does ... He is affectionate and loving.  He puts his hands up for me to hold him and he shares lots of smiles and sweet moments with me.  With me he finds nurturing, care giving, and quiet moments.  But there is something different about his Daddy.   There is a reverence, a respect, a great honor he holds for him.   It was immediate ... it wasn't earned.

Today, as I sat in church it hit me.  Zebene has never had a Daddy.  Not even a Daddy figure.  He has yearned for a Daddy his whole life and not even known it.   For for the first time, Zebene has a man who is filling his immediate need for ultimately, what his spirit yearns deeper for ... his eternal Father's love.  As I watch this adoption journey unfold, it amazes me to see my little boy live out what we all know ... we all yearn for our Daddy's love  - our eternal Daddy love!  Aren't we all seeking that ... approval, protection, comfort, security and provision?

As I hear Zebene cry out when he awakes or is scared, I often hear him say "Doddy, Doddy, Doddy"!  In his upset as he sits on my lap for a time in, he will cry "Doddy, Doddy, Doddy"!  When we were in country, the first name he would say was "Doddy" ... and loudly, with excitement he would exclaim it!  He would run to him with excitement to show him something new - to seek his approval of what he had just done.

Doug gets to be Zebene's first picture of what he will someday find in his eternal father ... comfort, security, protection, provision and approval and unconditional love.  As Zebene looks up to Doug with respect and honor, he will learn the same for his eternal Father.  

Zebene, you are blessed to have the best Daddy ... and the very best example of God the Father!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs