Thursday, September 2, 2010

Picture perfect!

I love to take pictures! I'm no pro ... but I LOVE to take them!  Two years ago at Christmas my husband blessed me with a Nikon D80 camera.  YEP, you better believe that when I say "Cheese" my kids know to smile and are pretty used to Momma behind a lens.  Don't mess with my camera.  I sit on the line of loving it as much as I do them.  Just joking!   On most family outings, baseball games, dance recitals, birthday parties, play days outside ... o.k. so every day, you can find me with my camera in hand trying to capture that "perfect" shot.  You do remember though that I said, I am NO PRO!  Seldom do I get that perfect shot!  Darn!

So, the question is then, with we me always behind the lens, then why in the world do I have very few photos to choose from to create our Dossier "photo page" that will be sent to Ethiopia?

If you haven't walked the road of adoption then you may not know that there are a gazillion (and no, I am not exaggerating) items that must be completed and will be sent to the country you are adopting from.  One of those items are photo pages.  They have a specific guideline to follow .. formal photos, family life photos, outside the home photos, inside the home photos .. you get the picture.
Anyways, sadly, as I was trying to peruse my photos to begin this "job" I realized that for the most part, I have no "Family photos".  I have many of the kids, lots of Doug and the kids, a few of me and one or two of the kids, and well, almost zilcho recent ones of our family all "looking posed, facing the camera, pleasant and smiling" as required.  So, it makes me wonder, what would they do if I sent them what I do have.

2 Formal Photos:  "All family members should be facing the camera and smiling" Hmmmm????


Hmmm, would that count as a smile, Maliah?

Well, some of us are smiling...

Miserable Canyon.  Doug's eyes closed.

Oh, I bet they meant one like this!
                                           
4 "Family Life Photos" - reflect activities we do together as a family intended to reflect a candid, comfortable viewpoint of the family"

UFC fighting challenges with Daddy
Ropes swings ...
Cliff jumping or water stunts




And, do you think when they said they wanted a picture of every member of the family they meant ones like this?


                        









And did they want EVERY member of the family ... I mean, we have a few that have made themselves at home here recently.  

Meet our friend, Mr. Frog.  He sits at our back door EVERY night.  On a few occasions, he's decided he'd come in for a visit.
Well, I guess I have some work to do.  It seems getting the photos together might be more work that I had imagined ... and I didn't even show you the ones of the "home" we have to have.  

2 comments:

The Davidsons said...

That's a great post!! We also had a hard time finding happy, normal looking photos of the whole family. I think any child would be thrilled to be a part of a family that looks like so much fun!

Cindy Foote said...

lovin' this post! The Marvelously Hilarious Martines!

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs