Saturday, September 11, 2010

And then he answered ...

In my post, "Arm yourself", I spoke of the spiritual warfare that has grappled my mind lately.  The "HOW" questions, the doubts, the fears of how in the world would we and could we financially finish this journey.

I suppose that I shouldn't even be surprised to be typing this since we know the Lord knows our thoughts, our fears, our worries AND ... that he's the one in control.  Why are we even surprised!  BUT,  I couldn't let today go by without giving Glory to where Glory should be given!  Yesterday, the Lord showed up and romanced us a little.  HE showed us that he indeed he has this in his hands.

Let me give you a peak into my Friday night ...

For the past two years our family has gone to "Family Camp" at Laity Lodge Family Camp.  It's an awesome time of renewal and adventure that is shared with all of Doug's family.  We just finished our second annual reunion there and came home learning that spaces were already filling up for next years spot.  We were told that if we hoped to go again, we'd have to put a deposit down NOW for next September.
UGH!  In the laundry list of things we need to spend money on (new brakes, new tires and well .. an adoption), the deposit for this camp was one that we decided we just couldn't do right now.  SO,
Someone we loved e-mailed a few days back and asked if we'd registered for camp.   I shared an e-mail back that said if the Lord wanted our spot there next year, the timing of when/if we could afford that deposit would be HIS. I told them that right now, we'd just have to wait.  I then shared that obedience at times was hard.  It's then that you often realize that you have to sacrifice things you want and love to follow in his steps.  This was one of those times.

A few hours later .... these words arrived in an e-mail reply

"The hardest part of obedience--joyfully sacrificing things you love when God
calls, is probably also the biggest witness to those looking on."


The next e-mail in my inbox was none other than a "Registration confirmation for 2011 Laity Lodge Family Camp!


Tears!  


Later that evening, the Lord again showed up at our house.  It went a little something like this 


The phone rings.


On the other end is the voice of a friend asking if they can stop by.  They have some paperwork they are helping us complete for our Dossier and they'd love to bring it by.  
I happily oblige at an impromptu visit.  Sounds fun!  They arrive and we chat and we enjoy some good conversation.  Though we haven't known this couple intimately, Doug and I both find ourselves easily connected to them.  In our conversation we laugh some as we realize that we think quite a bit alike.  It's a fun evening and things are about to wrap up when the husband says "We'd also like to propose something to you".
He goes on to share that he would like to help us arrange a MASSIVE garage sale.   He has helped a group raise funds for Guatemala missions for five years.  YES ... 22 garage sales.  He is an old pro for sure and he's offering his wisdom, his time, his hands FOR US!  They went on to share all the details of the how's/ the to do's/ the when's etc.  Doug and I just sat there dumbfounded.  Was the Lord serious?  He just totally showed up in the face of the two most loving people who generously said "Let me be HIS hands, and help you bring home your son".  I am humbled!  


Tears!


So I am awed needless to say at the generosity and willingness of this precious family to help us organize this!  We indeed WILL be having a MASSIVE garage sale soon.  We are currently in search of a home closer into the city of San Antonio as we live North and my professional garage sale counselor says that a home closer in draws the "Buyers".  I am certain the Lord will show us right where he wants this shin dig.  If your reading this, that home fits your description and you feel a tug that it's you ... give us a shout out!  I can't wait to find out who the Lord has in store!  AND, if you live in the San Antonio/New Braunfels/Spring Branch area, we'd love your junk treasure.  Start gathering and collecting and I"ll let you know soon where you can bring it!  


Lastly, today I got in the car and KLOVE was on.  The DJ began to share the encouraging word of the day.  As I listened, I couldn't believe my ears.  
See for yourself ...


"I will answer them before they even call to me.  While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers".  Isaiah 65:24


Tears!  


What a word of confirmation this morning to what he did the night before.  Simply put, the Lord used willing hearts in the form of sweet friends to show us he's got this covered!  While we were still worrying and discussing "our needs", the Lord was busy answering our prayers!  



1 comments:

Amanda said...

Cristi, you have been so faithful and generous to others..I just know God has a huge bowl of stored up blessings that he cannot wait to turn over in your life. In fact, I see him restraining Himself as He let's drops of them come out...He's wanting to pour them all out on you..so get ready Cristi...be expectant!!!!

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs