Thursday, September 23, 2010

A puzzling progress

I thought I'd take a minute to update you on the progress of our fundraising puzzle.  If you are wondering what that means, please go here and let me explain.
Today, I wanted to highlight our growth.  The first night I put our link up for shirts, we sold 14.  I was blown away.

September 12 - 14 T-shirts, 14 puzzle pieces, 14 blessings!

On September 18, our T-shirt order hit 23 shirts.  Woo hoo, 23!

September 18 - 23 total pieces




Then, a few days ago, I was really blown away!  It was a Sunday.  A hard Sunday.  I had had an emotional day and shed some serious tears.  Overwhelmed in a flood of emotions, I cried through worship at church and cried to Doug when we got home.  It was just one of those days!
That night I was organizing all our paperwork to go off to our social worker when that famous "DINK" sound signaling I had "mail" came through.  Glancing up, I saw a "notification" from Pay Pal.  We had just put a "Chip In" on our blog because several had made mention that they'd rather just donate than buy T-shirts or coffee.  After a few days, we decided we would.  I will confess, that was hard to do!  
I looked at my notification e-mail and then I looked again ... and then again ... and then again ... and then again.  Then, I fell into a heap as I burst into tears .... $1,000!!!  You heard me .. that's 100 puzzle pieces.  That's also a huge step towards those home study fees.  That is a enormous blessing!  Those precious friends know who they are ... you have blessed us more than you will ever know!  Check out this puzzle ... Your name is on a LOT of those pieces!  
September 20 - 123 pieces total!

Every piece is a blessing!  Every piece is our community!  Look at that community!  I LOVE this community!  Levi will be loved by THIS community!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is FANTASTIC! I have had some surprises like that as well and they always come at just the right time! So glad to hear this!

Anonymous said...

this is awesome, I love seeing the puzzle and all the pieces and people who are a part of it! What a great way to really put it in perspective and see how you & others are coming together! praying for you~

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs