Saturday, November 19, 2011

Metcha Day

We met our boy! What a day. I am not sure I can put it into words and I so wished I could share pictures but not yet. pray for that passing court! As we stood waiting for him to come through the doors and on to the porch, I thought I was going to loose it. But within seconds I saw a precious little boy come walking down a hall and on to the porch of the Transitional Home. Grabbing Job, our guides hand, he walked straight to us. As we knelt down he went right to Doug and stood solemnly quiet. Job began to tell him something and he listened intently with his eyes focused on the family who was taking pictures for us nearby. I slowly reached up and took his hand and just simply held it. What a brave boy! We moved over to a grassy area and got out a toy car. That was a big hit for sure. For a while he stood examining his car with little emotion on his face. He worked very hard to keep his eyes from meeting mine. I can only imagine what he must be thinking. After a bit, I caressed his back and tickled him a bit. It wasn't long and he flashed his first smile our way. I knew we had break through. We blew up a beach ball and began to toss it around to one another. Soon it became a game that he joined in. Taking turns he tossed it to each of us ... His choice, us in the middle. Before I knew it, we had full giggles and smiles and then we heard it "daddy". Melt our hearts! He has stolen our hearts. The day went beautifully and we couldn't be more pleased. He is so full of joy. And well, Maliah might have a run for her money in the curiosity department. Pipa, we have some work to do on a few broken child locks. I have a sneaky suspicion he will be into everything. A few things about Z we learned 1. He has the greatest smile 2. he has the most expressive eyes 3. he loves my iPhone and in particular music and turning it up and down. 4. He can point to pictures of some animals and tell you the names in English; elephant, fish, monkey, duck. 5. When I asked him "what is this" - pointing to his car- he told me the word for car in Amharic. 6. He loves to touch and explore. 7. He loves to throw balls. 8. He is cuddly to hug 9. They shaved his beautiful hair. Boo! His recent pics it had gotten long. 10. He has a sweet voice. Tomorrow, we get to see him again in the afternoon after church and lunch. It can't come soon enough!

6 comments:

A Cup of Cold Water said...

so happy for you!!!! :)
so happy also that you MADE it there! what a trip! i know that must have been SO hard. i am glad you are there though and it is behind you and you are making MEMORIES already!! :)
erika

Danielle said...

Welcome to the family Z!!!! :) I can't tell you how moved I am... thanks for taking the time to share your joy & adventure, Cristie!

Cindy Foote said...

Love all the details! And soooo very happy (and relieved) for you! Praise the Lord! Love you guys, Cindy

Jenn said...

Yippeeeee!!!!! Oh so happy for you!!! Enjoy your time getting to know your sweet boy!! Praying for you and your family!

Stephanie said...

I haven't ever posted a comment on here before but I must tell you how amazing it has been to watch God move in your lives. I am so happy each time I visit your blog and see the progress towards getting "Z." I feel as if I have traveled this "road" with you....and we have never met. You and your story have given my husband and I even more hope in adopting....proving once again that God contols ALL things! Thank you for telling your story.

Shine Like Stars said...

I cried at the word, "Daddy!" Praying and rejoicing with you my sweet friend!

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs