Saturday, November 12, 2011

9 and sharing her journey

Aaaaah, it's quiet.  The only sound in my house is the worship music I have on to settle my heart and direct my thoughts.  How I successfully got 2 entire hours in my house ALONE on a Saturday could only be described as a sweet romance from the one who loves me best.   He hears your prayers.  Thank you!

I should be packing.  I should be doing a lot of things.  But the one thing that I couldn't get out of my head was the absolute sweetest and most precious writing that my 9 year old did this past week at school.  Her teacher stopped me in the hall during conferences to let me know that Dakota talked all the time of her new brother, "Z" and her up and coming trip to meet him.  She shared that Dakota had moved her to tears this week with something she had written.  In fact, she (her teacher) read it to every single one of the 4th grade classes!  That thrilled Dakota for sure!  Could it be that my 9 year old, in her own way, is sharing the heart of her Father for the fatherless.  Indeed, my beauty, even in her public school is getting to share the second Gospel ... Adoption ... in a very real and tangible way.   What a better way to share the heart of adoption than allowing them to live a little of the journey with her through her writings and by giving them a window into the adventure as she talks all about it.

I will put a picture of her writing but just in case you can't read all the words, I will put them here.

The first one has 3 separate pictures and sentences.  They read:

"Z's eyes searches frantically for us as soon as we left the orphanage.  I didn't want to leave at all, but I knew I had to.  When we left Z he was as scared as a wild horse when we left the orphanage"
Gulp.  Yeah, that one brought me to my knees.  She gets it ... even sweet Dakota knows how hard the good bye will be for all of us.

"Z's eyes were searching frantically as we pulled out toys for him out of my backpack.  As soon as we gave him the toys, he was as happy as a piece of candy".  
OK, so Candy doesn't really have feelings ... but I imagine if it did, I suspect it would be pretty darn happy.

"Z's face lit up like the fourth of July as soon as he stepped foot in America with his family.  All his friends and family couldn't believe he was finally home.  We were so happy!!!!!!!!!  Z was as happy as a dog with a bone."
Hmmm, mmmm, baby girl, you are so right.  That day will be better than the most beautiful fire work display.  I love that you compared that day to 4th of July ... freedom, a new birth, a celebration, hope ... a holiday honoring the red/white and blue and a country with promise.  How appropriate since Z will also become a citizen on that day.  I am holding on to this one, Dakota ... and dreaming with you of the day to come!  When we step off that plane after trip #2 .... YOU, my beautiful girl will be there to welcome home the brother you already met.  He will be looking for you and I am certain, as happy as a dog with a bone because he has finally found you!



The next assignment she had drawn all the members of her family.  The 6th and final box was "Z".  She had to use descriptive words and sentences to describe our hair which were all HILARIOUS!  "Z"s cracked me up though...

"Z"s hair is like curly string on a present.  He is having a celebration on his head."

Yeah, o.k. that is too cute for words.  What a perfect description of his beautiful curly locks.  My boy is a constant party.  This should be fun!  


*note that I had to blurr each time Dakota used "Z"'s full name.  We have to do this until he is officially "ours"*


2 comments:

A Cup of Cold Water said...

that's sweet, cristie! and the curly hair description is totally funny and cute! :)
erika

Grateful for Grace said...

Might want to check out my blog today. :)

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs