Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 3 and 4 ... But no court!

Hello from Ethiopia! Sorry for no posts lately, however just as everything is unpredictable...so is the Internet. Day 3 and 4 with Z went great! We are learning more and more about our little guy. He loves his Meccena (cars). He also loves books and pointing to the pictures and telling us what he sees. I have learned he can say duck, elephant, cat, fish, count to 20, sing a precious ABC song and more. While playing a game of UNO with some of the older kids, he also pointed to the number 3 and told us what it was. He has a cautious spirit and becomes afraid of things easily. Heights don't appear to be his thing. For example, he will only climb part ways up the slide and the pauses and turns around. It is as if he is trying to find his courage. we learned when he doesn't want to do something he will shrug his little left shoulder and out his face towards it. Yes is a raise of the eyes (as all Ethiopians), he will give you 5 when you ask and well, has a smile that will light up the room! I have gotten a few sweet hugs and moments. When we arrived yesterday, he looked around at the kids and Doug with a little hesitancy and then walked to me and put out his hands to be picked up. It ended in some good cuddles. Today Doug got him in his lap listening to music (which he loves) and he sat there for a long time nestled in with him. We got to see his bed and Nanny's which was good. The older kids were all precious! I would love to put a plug for the beautiful older kids. They are precious!!!! Doug and Canyon have stirred up quite a few games of soccer. Went to court today. I was a nervous wreck. After we arrived I learned that Z's mom gave her consent four days ago. I was relieved to know that had been done but also sad we wouldn't meet her today as her court day was supposed to be with ours after her original date didn't take place. We waited for some time and then it seems for whatever reason we don't know or understand, the judgge got upset and canceled all courts. We stood outside for 2 hours in hopes of our director getting favor, but it didn't happen. They are saying we will try again tomorrow. Welcome to Africa. We are having a great time though. My kids have been amazing!!!! I can't tell you how many times they have brought me to tears. Giving a homeless man their water, making new and precious friends at the transitional home, buying things from street kids and having conversations with them and looking as though feel right at home. It has been life changing for sure! Canyon bought a soccer ball from someone one the street. He took it to the TH to play with it and it got torn up. He responded by saying that he'd only bought the ball to help the man and bless the kids. He had no intention of bringing it home. Love! If you notice this is one big paragraph, my apoologies! My iPad makes my posts weird. I also can't upload pics except on Doug's computer. Please be praying on Tuesday night your time (wednesday for us) for court. We feel the spiritual storm around us and are asking for prayers to see our way through it. It gets harder each day to leave my boy behind. Every time the van drives away, I watch I tears as they walk him down the road to his current home. Yesterday, he turned back and waved... I about lost it!! Friday will be tough, but it will be even tougher if we still lack passing court. I know many of you are living this too. So thankful we can pray one another throughout it.

6 comments:

Pondering and Writing said...

praying for court tomorrow!! love hearing the updates and so thankful you get to spend time with your sweet boy! funny note: I didn't realize that a "yes" was the raising of eyes and chin the first few days, so I am sure Addisu thought I was nutso when I would ask him a question, he would answer "yes" (unbeknownst to me), and I would just keep on asking. : ) Poor guy. Helpful to know, right?! Will keep checking your FB for news!
Olivia

Anonymous said...

Christie, Thank you for your posts. You make it so special to be able to visualize you and your families experience through your excellent expressive writing. I can feel your frustration, anger, joy, laughter and sadness. I am so sorry that court was canceled yesterday. I will be praying for everything to go smoothly tomorrow.

With much love,
Jean B

R|E|Bricker said...

He is you Foreguard and your rear guard God is going before you.

R|E|Bricker said...

God is moving. He is your foreguard and your rear guard.

R|E|Bricker said...

God is going before you. He is your fore guard and your rear guard..

Anonymous said...

2nd Kings 8:59-60 NKJV - praying the LORD maintains your cause!

Luke 18:7 - the footnotes talk of how this shows the readiness of God to effect justice as contrasted with the reluctance of judges only dispensing out of exasperation at the nuisance of persistence. The point is: God's willingness and readiness; further, we are not widows but members of Christ's own body - His Bride. Therefore, we can expect the Just Judge, the Father, to bring us redress from wrong when we pray.

Luke 11:8 - be persistant in prayer, pray without ceasing, persevere in faith and believing

God Is in Charge at the Center

Zephaniah 9-13 MSG "In the end I will turn things around for the people.
I'll give them a language undistorted, unpolluted,
Words to address God in worship
and, united, to serve me with their shoulders to the wheel.
They'll come from beyond the Ethiopian rivers,
they'll come praying—
All my scattered, exiled people
will come home with offerings for worship.

(verse 12) NKJV I will leave in your midst
A meek and humble people,
And they shall trust in the name of the LORD.

(in this verse "trust" is explained as "chasah" - a picture of David nestling under God's wings for refuge, in the same manner that a defenseless but trusting baby bird hides itself under it's parents feathers (Ruth 2:12; Samuel 22:3; Psalm 91:4)

Love and God Bless You All!
Gina

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs