Sunday, October 30, 2011

His encounter

I felt a hand on my back and turned.  There stood a beautiful woman.  Looking at me was a precious face that I loved.  A fried.  A prayer warrior.
Looking intently into my eyes she asks "Are you o.k?  This week, were you o.k."?

When this friend asks, you know she wants the real answer.  Not the church answer.  Not the casual "I'm great" answer and yet all the while you are dying to share the truth answer.  This friend seeks answers.  Not to her questions ... but to HIS!  He gives her visions.  He tells her to pray.  She intercedes and yet often, she does not know why.

I smiled and said "I really am good.  Aside from preparing to leave, we are good".  Puzzled she looked at me.  She doesn't follow my blog.  We don't talk daily.  But in all my life, I have never had a friend like her.  A friend who can get to the core of who I am, to a depth I don't even understand ... in just minutes.  Searching my eyes, she says "Wait .. you are leaving, your going to meet Levi.  You know your days?".  With a giggle, I tell her yes.  We leave in 2 short weeks and my mind is spinning".

She has to walk away at this point as she leads worship.  She is being summoned to the stage so our conversation gets cut short.  But as she does, she looks back and says "On Tuesday, Gina called and she heard directly from the Lord to pray for you.  She called.  We prayed.  She said doesn't even know you ... but she heard him say YOUR NAME.".   I am not certain what is going on ... but the Lord dialed us in.

She walks away.

As I sit in worship, I began to weep.  I remember back to last Monday (yes, just one day before).  I had written my blog post "Help Wanted".  I had summoned people to pray.  Not just casually say "Oh, I'm praying for you" ... but WARRIORS.  True and earnest friends committed to take my family, our journey and sit with it at his throne.

I don't know Gina.  I don't even think I can recall her face as I type this.  I know her name.   I know, in my church ... she is a prayer WARRIOR!  I know she is a part of the behind the scenes prayer team.  I know she stands in the front and prays healing and intercessory over people who come forth for her gifts.   I know she commits herself to the gift the Lord has given to her and through her - intercessory and prayer.  I don't know Gina .. but I know this friend who speaks these words to me.  She too, a Gina.  She too, a warrior.  This friend .. someone the Lord knows I trust.

I weep.

I didn't even have to ask ... the Lord had already began to gather his warriors.  I spoke a whisper through a blog.  I said it in the shower in the morning.  I thought it a few times ... and without me even knowing, he answered.

I stood in church and wept.  I stood there and heard him say "See, I told you I had that job covered.  I told you I would fill that job".

I am honored.

"Your father knows what you need before you ask him. - Matthew 6:8"

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts". - Psalm 139:23-24

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  We do not know what we out to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.  And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will" - Romans 8:26-27.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs