Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dizzy

I think I have been walking around in circles for the past 4 days.  My brain feels like it's in a fog and trying to put a complete thought together yet alone accomplish anything each day has gone out the window.  This must be what they call "Court Date Brain" hey, all the pregnant Momma's can blame their mishaps on hormones so why can't I?  

We have officially gotten our tickets purchased - Thank you, Erica Shubin!  That too would have gotten hairy without her wonderful assistance.  WHEW!  At least we have one step complete.

I now am trying to put my thoughts together on what to do next.  HMMMMMM?????

I have made an observation of myself in the past few days.  When I don't know where to get started I do the brainless thing ... laundry.  Yep, the baskets are now EMPTY of dirty clothes.  While my hubby is thrilled, my to do list isn't getting any shorter ... then again, what "to do" list?  Putting that together would take thought and organization to which right now ... I seem to be lacking both.  Lord help me!

But, I do know one of the things high on my list is collecting donations and I have used what brain cells  I do have to make a list here again of items that are needed in the Transitional Home.  As well, we will be in a few other orphanages and areas that we would like to bless the children and staff.  So, if you feel inclined to donate items, please let me know.  You can leave me a comment with your e-mail ... I won't publish it.  Or you can e-mail me directly at cmartine@satx.rr.com.  We are under a weight and bag limit so I will be doing lots of packing, re-packing, and packing again.  What doesn't fit the first trip will return with us the 2cnd.

We'd love for you to join is in collecting.  Even a few things adds up if we have several helping so anything would be a blessing!
In advance THANK YOU!

There are several items that the transition home is in need of for the older children• Musical instruments
• Athletic clothing and shoes for soccer
• Christian videos or DVDs
• Swimsuits for boys and girls 


Orphanage and Transitional Home General Donation Needs:
 o Puzzles for young children
o Toy cars and trucks appropriate for toddler aged children
o Diaper rash ointment (A+D preferred)
o Children’s clothing (new or slightly used); Boys and Girls; sizes 0-8 years. Clothing needs include day clothes (especially pants), pajamas, underwear, and shoes.
o Diapers for up to 30 pounds
o Toys to stimulate babies such as colorful objects, rattles, etc. that are appropriate for babies up to 2 years
o Unscented baby wipes
o Powder formula with DHA/RHA
o A + D Original Ointment, Diaper Rash and All-Purpose Skincare Formula
o Hand Sanitizer
o Candles
o Enfamil or Similar Lactose free formula (*the following Generic Brands with identical nutritional value to Enfamil & Similac are also acceptable: Parents Choice formula from Wal-Mart, Target’s generic Formula, Kirkland formula from Costco)
Medications/Medical Donation Needs** o Multivitamins
o Chewable multi-vitamin (2 years to 9 years)
o Adult multivitamin (9 years plus)
o Infant’s and Children’s Tylenol (acetaminophen)
o Plastic and Latex disposable gloves
o Baby nose saline spray
o Neosporin
o Mouth and nose masks
o Benadryl liquid/elixir
o Permetherin for scabies
o Lice kits
o Toothbrushes, toothpaste and dental floss 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs