Monday, October 24, 2011

Help Wanted

Looking for a few Good people.

Job Description:  Prayer Warrior!  One who holds a commitment to pray our family through the rest of this journey.

Hours:  The need begins now and while we are uncertain how long your job will be needed, I am pretty certain it will last long past the climax of the prayer time we are seeking.   You may be asked to work overtime.

Starting day:  October 24, 2011
Ending day:  The day our "Z" steps off the plane and is safe and sound in my arms and on our soil!
If interested, we are sure that we will be looking for prayers warriors who can work overtime ... and past the ending day of this job.  Future work is available.

Job skills:  While I know many will say "I am praying for you", I need a few prayer warriors who will be committed to covering our family in a lengthy list of prayers.  I need action.  I need you!  Some of these include:


  1. Health before, during and after our trips.  First trip - Nov. 15-26.  Please pray we stay healthy throughout this time.  
  2. Preparation; that we would not look past the important items we need to bring and leave those less important at home.  Prioritizing our needs vs. our wants.  Getting LOTS of donations and all we need into 8 bags.  Remembering every stitch of very important paperwork, camera's etc.  Pray I can get my thought together.  Lately, I feel like I am walking in circles.  
  3. Hearts:  That our hearts would be prepared to meet our little boy.  Doug, myself, Canyon (our 11 year old) and Dakota (our 9 year old) will be traveling.   Pray he gives us insight and wisdom for our first moments and days with "Z".
  4. Z:  For attachment and bonding.  This is already beginning - even through care packages and Nanny's preparing him.  Please pray for his sweet heart as he makes a very difficult transition.  
  5. COURT!  This is a big one.  Our court date is Nov 22 which is the middle of the night on November 21 for you.  We are looking for people who would ask the Lord to wake them in the night and would be interceding whenever you feel prompted during those 2 days for sure!  You can start now ... .  Looking for a PASSING court date is one of my biggest prayers.
  6. Saying Goodbye:  Please pray for the moment we have to leave our "Z".  May I be strong enough to walk away from him.  This already brings me to my knees.  I know others have done this ... but I am not certain how.  
  7. EMBASSY - please pray our paperwork is submitted to Embassy in a timely manner and that our Embassy would find "Z"'s "Clearly Favorable" so we can quickly return to bring him HOME.
  8. Maliah - our littlest will be home with Granny and PiPa.  Please pray for her safety and that she would feel adored.  We don't want to leave her out of this amazing time but know in wisdom, she'd be miserable on the trip.  Give us insight to her heart and what she needs over the next few months.
  9. Arrested hearts!  I cannot wait to see my husband and my 2 children step off the plane and into the place that arrested my heart in Feb.  Please pray that my children would have a sweet encounter with their savior and that his Gospel and his mandate to care for the orphan, widow and foreigner among them would become tangible!  This will be LIFE changing for them!
  10. As you feel led.  There are a 100 things swirling in my head.  I could never list all the things we need prayer for ... but if you are led to take this position, we know he'll prompt you to pray appropriately and as he leads.  Be committed to listen.  
Benefits:  Priceless!  Your prayers are the key to bringing home our son.  Will you join us and be a vessel to make this happen.  We would be so humbled and honored.

Any and All are welcome.  The only criteria for skills is a relationship with my Savior.  If he's yours too ... then join me.  If you don't yet know him, but want to ... let me know.  I'd love to introduce you!!  

If interested, please contact me.  Cristie - cmartine@satx.rr.com or leave me a comment here.  




4 comments:

Tanya Robinson said...

I've been praying for you, and will of course continue! #6....I SO get that. I can't imagine! Only grace.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for all of you!! I will continue and will definitely be praying more as your court date approaches as well as the good-bye day. It made me cry just to read about it and I have been worrying/praying about it since you told me you were going to have to leave him there for now. Please send me a text or post on FB if you need some extra prayers ANY time!
Jessica

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting! I'd be honored to pray for you! Please also send me a FB message anytime! Blessings to you and your family!
Sarah Battle

Anonymous said...

Hi Cristie,
Sharon shared the link to this post with me. It kind of blows me away to think you were asking for prayer warriors on the same day I was feeling led to pray for you. I guess my heart was being tugged at even on Sunday in church, as I noticed your family from afar, but I did not understand or know why.
So...considering how your prayers asked for and God drew me and sent...I'm also one here for the job :)
Love and Blessings,
Gina Higgins

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs