Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sweet sentiments

Today was a good day!  How could it not be when a Momma receives two beautiful messages AND photos of her son 8,000 miles away.  It is GOOD ... HE is good!

My first sweet sentiment came from a fellow adopting Momma who is at the transitional home right now. The sweetest part of this note is that it was unexpected.  I didn't even ask for this sweet family to bless me ... and yet, they did!  I tell ya, it's the little things you do that can brighten a day ... and today, Margaret brightened mine!  This is what she sent me ... allll the way from Ethiopia.  Margaret, thank you for being Jesus to me today.  Your note was like his personal hug!  Thank you Thank you!

Today we did care packages.  Our court date is tomorrow and are doing much with the family Mowen and Tara delivered your care package today.  (I also follow you blog).  Anyway, the point of this email is to tell you that your son Z, Levi, is simply precious.  He took a liking to my husband and sat with him for some time reading books and drawing.  He was so excited about his care package as well.  He carried it around with him everywhere he went, emptied it and put it back together several times.  He went through the photo album with my husband and pointed at people.  He loved, loved the stickers as well.  He wore about two whole packages by the end of the afternoon.  He has a sweet smile and very warm spirit  and my husband says was making faces and just overall very friendly.  My husband says he was quite impressed with his language skills as well- one of the books was animals and he knew them all, even butterfly, which is not a typical one. :) 
We just wanted to share this with you to make you smile. 
 May your embassy date come quickly, but until then, may it be stories like this that make the wait a bit easier. 

The second sweet sentiment came from fellow adopting Momma, Tara.  We had sent a care package with her for our Zebene and a photo release.  We were also blessed to have met her two boys while we were in country with Zebene.  I got to help give them her care packages she sent with another family and take some pictures of her sweeties.  Today, she more than re-payed that favor.
First, I got a sweet sweet note in my in-box.  THEN ... this afternoon, a slew of e-mails began arriving with pictures.  Tara did such an awesome job with pictures that my in-box actually went over quota and began bouncing them back to her.  We successfully got 12 of the pictures she sent ... but seriously ... there are MORE!  
This was our note from Tara;

We loved loved loved your son! He is a doll! He loved posing for pictures and made my job easy! I took tons!! We are about to go to Traditional Dinner, But I will try to email them when I get home if I get your email. He said Mom and Dad at your photos and loved looking at each one. He got excited about Ashenafi's picture in there too. About an hour later I saw him on the porch 
looking at your bag again, so sweet!

Indeed, the America World adoption community is the best and today, I was on the receiving end of some awesome blessings.  Thank you ladies for making this Momma smile.  Now, how about some pictures to make YOU smile!

I'm not about to put my goodies down.  No way, uh uh.  
Do you like my stickers?




Yes, that is my family and they ADORE ME!


I love how he is pointing out Canyon and Ashenafi.  


I cannot get enough of those eyes and that smile!  COME ON EMBASSY!


1 comments:

A Cup of Cold Water said...

He's so cute!!! Love those sweet eyes! He's getting so big!!
Erika

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs