Monday, December 19, 2011

His time ... His sovereignty.

As I write the title of this post, I do so with a big ol' gritting of the teeth.  *grin and bare it* SIGH!   I try to smile through it.  I know it is true.  His timing, it's sovereign.  He knows every day.  He knows every detail.  He knows the why's, the how's and the WHEN's.  So we trust ... even if sometimes trust comes with a big  small two year old tantrum first.

So, this morning I e-mailed our travel coordinator for our adoption (our agency) as I have become aware that the Embassy is requesting a birth parent interview from EVERY birth parent that is involved in a case.  This is us.  This is a part of our story.  Our little boy's birth Mom is alive and well and yes, a very much a part of this story.  So this will indeed effect us.

We are currently waiting to be "Submitted".  It can only be done on Wednesdays and most recently it is taking around 4 weeks from the passing of court to make that happen.  A slew of paperwork must be gathered and like all good things ... that takes time.  So we hope.  We pray that THIS week is our week for that ... Wednesday will be 4 weeks ... even if they did send us an e-mail that said they projected our family to be submitted the 28th.  THIS Wednesday is the 4 week mark and so I pray that THIS Wednesday is OUR day!

BUT ... unlike what we had known about the Embassy having "10 days to provide clearance", we now know will take longer for our case as, indeed, our Zebene's birth mother will need to be interviewed.  And yes, once again ... that means time.  Time to be arranged in the Embassy's schedule.  Time for her to travel 12 hours up.  Time for the interview.  Time for Embassy to respond.  Time. Time. Time.

So today, this is what Kristin projected out as the "time".   I will try and not kick the walls and scream and hit like a two year old.  As I am trying to teach my six year old "Self Control"and I will need to remind myself that I am the role model - DARN IT!

As I type, I am in the middle of baking Christmas goodies and preparing my kids for a ski trip gift from their Grandparents.  All those things are wonderful gifts to us this year.  We have so much to be thankful for.  And well, we rest in knowing that our biggest *GIFT* is yet to come ... Zebene's arrival home - 2012!!!  Who should be so lucky to have the best Christmas gift to come!  Who should be so lucky  blessed that he thought we were worthy.  We are!  And so ... we wait on HIM to say when!

Merry Christmas! I anticipate within 2 weeks of being submitted, the embassy will email us and your family requesting a birth parent interview. They are currently filling up about 1-2 weeks out from the date of the request, so you can potentially expect a birth parent interview to occur for your family 2-4 weeks after being submitted.
Yes, Z, like that ... gritting of teeth ... you got the face.  Grin and bare it!


I know ... I am supposed to look like this.  Our JOY cometh in the morning!  

1 comments:

Pondering and Writing said...

I hear ya!!!!!!! : )

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs