Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Shhhhh, he might be sleeping

As I tuck my Maliah, Canyon and Dakota into bed each night, we have special little things that each one like to do before our final good bye and sweet dreams.  First though, we read as a family.  One story from the Missionary book we are reading and then a few passages from the bible.  Then, it's off to their own beds ... with a little "go on, it's time for bed" coersion from Mommy and Daddy.

Maliah loves for Mommy to sing (bless her heart ... she might be the only one who appreciates Mommy's voice).  Her request each night "I love you, Lord", "Lord you are" and "Jesus loves me".  I sing, she stares at me.  Eye to Eye we stare.  THIS is awesome!  For anyone in the adoption world, it took me a good year to feel that attachment with her.  Love it!  This is our moment.

Dakota is on the top bunk of my girls.  Each night she leans over and hugs me tight after I sing to Maliah.  Then, it's hand shake time.  That's right, our whimsical girl has a special handshake with Mommy and a totally different one with Daddy.  Not a night goes by without the handshake from both of us.  It's our "Thang".

Canyon ... my sweet Canyon.  Every night just as I am covering him up, he'll ask "Can you tickle my back"?   I know he's going to ask every night ... but every night for some reason, I just wait to hear him ask.   I tickle and we talk.  It's a super sweet time between he and I.  I hope he's still asking at 16!

So lately, as we wait to know our little boy, I have been wondering about how he'll like to be put to sleep.  Does he have a special blankie like Dakota and Maliah?  Does someone sing him a song or tickle his back? Who sleeps next to him?  If he awakes in the night with "Bad pictures in his head", who comforts him?
Oh how I wonder where our little boy is.  Oh how I wonder these little things about his life!

In all my wondering though, about the who's and where's, I am reminded of the scripture that I wrote on Dakota's nursery wall when she was a baby.   Indeed, He who created our little boy and loves him most is the one who watches over him.  If I don't know any other detail  ... I do KNOW that!

Psalm 121 3-4 "... he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep."

P.S.  A while ago, one of the Mommy's who is adopting a "toddler" with our agency took a picture of the beds that they sleep in.  Though we aren't certain just how old our little guy is, there is a good possibility that he's sleeping in a bed just like this ... in fact, he may be sleeping in one of THOSE beds in that very picture.  If he isn't already, he probably will be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs