Monday, April 11, 2011

FOUR months DTE


We are officially FOUR months DTE as of yesterday, April 10th.  That would be "lingo" for, our paperwork has been in Ethiopia now for four months.  For four months we have been past the "paper chase" and waiting to know just who our Levi is.  It's funny, I'm starting to feel like the kid in the back of the car during a long road trip.  How many times will I say "Are we there yet"?  I don't have a clue how long the trip will take.  I don't have a clue how we'll get there.  I don't know the directions, haven't seen the map ... but I know my Daddy is driving and that means, I can trust that we'll get there someday.  I may get bored or frustrated along the way.  I may begin to loose heart and need a break.  Every once in a while, I will throw tantrums and we'll need to stop the car and readjust.  BUT ... in the end, I don't really need to know anything other than the final destination will be worth every moment.  I know my Daddy has prepared an awesome destination ... why else would he drive so far!  So, today we wait another day.  And yep, today,  I woke up thinking "Lord, are we there yet"?  

"In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation"  Psalm 5:3 


3 comments:

Jenn V. said...

I LOVE that analogy!! So true :) My favorite part: "I know my Daddy has prepared an awesome destination...why else would he drive so far!" It is a destination beyond what we could ever hope or dream!

Debb said...

".....but I know my daddy is driving and that means I can trust that we'll get there someday" ~ LOVE IT! Super great analogy. Also love the part, "Every once in a while, I will throw tantrums and we'll need to stop the care and readjust" ~ AMEN, sister! Thank goodness He is a forgiving and loving God! I've already had some of those times of readjustment! Eh-hem. Anyway, CONGRATS on 4 months DTE!!!!

The Rogersuz said...

LOVE this analogy and its so true. Thanks for posting this. Congrats on being DTE for 4months!!

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs