Sunday, March 27, 2011

Laura Story - Blessings


The Lord gave me this song recently. Our family has been on a great journey for a while. Not just adoption ... that's just one branch, but in total faith dependency each day. We also are walking daily as Doug seeks to follow HIM through running two business's that he started (in the past two years), including "Ground to Cup Coffee". We know God has led us to this place. Every day we ask him to close and open doors. Every day and every month we struggle to see his big picture ... but we KNOW that he continues to push us and this is what he has called him to do. It's been a long journey and some days, I have asked the Lord frankly "when will you bless him"? I don't know if I have ever seen a man work harder and seek him more purely and diligently than my sweet husband.

He reminded me through this song that he may just be blessing us by all the times we have seen him provide, guide, and answer in the small ways. I ask for "blessings" and yet daily he provides for us blessings after blessing. Our adoption is no different. We don't know his timing. We don't know the end of his story. We know he's called us on this journey. But if I have learned one thing about HIM during my first and now second adoption and working within the adoption ministry/community it is this: The Lord wants to be made KNOWN MORE and to KNOW US MORE! That is the blessing!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that song. When I heard it a few weeks ago....I had it on repeat for almost an hour. seriously. Praying for you all, and your journey!

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs