Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Never to late to celebrate

May 20th was my blue eyed beauties 10th birthday.  It is so hard to believe that a decade has past since my whimsical and feisty girl made her way into this world.   It was such a beautiful moment.
I can remember so vividly that last and final push when my amazing Dr. asked me to reach my hands down.  She grabbed my two hands, placed them under the arms of my baby girl and together ... we brought that beauty right into this world and straight to my chest.  Big ol' fat tears!  Scream ... oh yeah, she screamed all right.  And it didn't stop.  All. Night. Long.  It didn't take long for that sweet baby to find her two fingers to suck (that pointer and middle that you have always loved).  I know you are growing up when I no longer find you "silking" your blanket with those special treasures.  sniff sniff.  My girl definitely came into this world with an opinion ... and not much has changed.  Even so, I wouldn't change one single morsel of who God is creating her to be.   I know he has a great plan for her!  Dakota has definitely made my world more colorful and .... crafty!

Dakota, you are 10!  You are growing up and right before my eyes becoming a young lady.  We have just started talking about all those changes that are around your corner ... hormones, physical, emotional and more.  It's completely overwhelming to you and while some of the girls around you show interest in "growing up" - I love that you just want to remain a little girl.  I also love that you approach it with such humor.  You probably wouldn't want me telling the world all the funny things you have said ... but let me just say, our special date nights curled up in your bed and "chatting" are becoming the highlight of my days.  You make me giggle and I am so blessed that I get to be the one to hear your questions and answer your concerns.

Your beauty leaves me breathless ... and I know one thing,  I am so glad your Daddy owns big guns.  I think we'll need them one day.

Happy Birthday - belated announcement -  I hope you enjoyed every moment!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs