Friday, May 25, 2012

Big Ol' Fat tears

I just sat in my office and cried ... cried because I'm tired, cried because there isn't enough of me, cried because I can't do it all, cried because I'm tired of cleaning this darn house and being "show ready", cried because I want the Lord to just do it already (you name it ... isn't there always something more we want to know from him), cried because my Kindergartner is a first grader, cried because it's summer - and I know in a matter of days that fun will turn into the "Dog Days of Summer", cried because I'm a woman ... and well, that's what I do.  But in the end ... all those tears really came back to One. Single. Thing.

My sweet baby boy who made me a mother can no longer be considered "little".    Today ended those elementary years for my precious baby boy.  Words can never describe the joy he brings to this family.  Words can never describe how often I tell the Lord - his plan was so so much better!  My Canyon - our surprise - Our enormous blessing -  is officially a MIDDLE SCHOOLER!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will he be at Spring Branch Middle next year? If so, I'd love for him to meet my two nephews who are there, and will be 7th & 8th next year. They are part of the FCA at their school too, have a Bible study at lunch sometimes. anyway, just great guys if he'll be there! Congrats! I too have a guy who is concluding 5th grade....I know the feeling. happy & sad. :/)

Amanda said...

Girl I feel your pain! Today our oldest son walked out of his elementary school doors and into the big world of middle school, too! Man, its tough letting them go!

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs