Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Take me out to the ball game!

I won't lie, it feels like a decade ago that we were in Ethiopia.  There is that old saying "Time flies when your having fun".  I'm not saying we aren't having fun  ... but then again, has it only been a month???
I'll bring in my thoughts on month one soon ... until I can get all those thoughts organized, however, I thought I'd post a Zebene first.

I flew the chickens coop this past weekend.  We officially broke all our rules and I joined my sweet husband for one of Canyon's baseball games on Saturday.  Yep ... Zebene's introduction to the great American game of baseball.  All we lacked is the apple pie.

I loaded up the little's (that is what I lovingly call my two precious children born of my heart and happen to be the youngest) after nap time and drove an hour to San Marcos to join my hubbs and to see my big boy play.  Zebene did great and it was so fun to be a part of "life" again.   It almost made me feel "Normal" - almost.

Sunday rolled around and Canyon had a morning game.  Thinking they'd probably get in one or two games and not make it real far in the series (they moved up to a higher and more competitive bracket this year so we figured it would take a few tournaments to warm up), I sent Doug and Dakota out and decided the little's and I would hang out at home.  Not to mention, one said Kindergartner informed me that morning that she was "Star" student and had to have a poster done by - oh - Monday.  LOVELY!  I love procrastination.
 Noon rolled around and my phone was being bombarded with all sorts of awesome texts about Canyon hitting RBI's for a win and our Angel's moving on to the next bracket ... 4:00 pm would be game time.
Given that knowledge, I packed up those little's again and headed back out.   Who likes a chicken coop anyways?

Two games later - One of them for the Championship - and 10:00pm, we rolled back into the driveway with four exhausted kids and two exhausted parents.  Yep, Martine party of 6!!    We made it!

Zebene ... welcome to the great American past time - Baseball!  There is no time like the present to introduce you to the sport your brother rock's at - and your family loves.   Dr. Karen Purvis ... I am certain we found all sorts of sensory activities to enjoy in during our day  - climbing on the backs of the bleachers, digging in the mud and partaking in our first Texas snow cone just to name a few.

Zebene had a great time and well, might officially be the newest Angel's good luck charm.










1 comments:

Anonymous said...

From one mother to another, enjoy all the baseball games you can. When the are over....you will miss them. I would give anything to turn back time just to watch my son play again.

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs