Sunday, August 7, 2011

Until further notice ...


It's that time of year ... the Ethiopian Courts have officially CLOSED!  As of Monday, there will be no one there ... no court cases, no court decrees .. Nada!  No Movement!!
I am told this is for the "rainy season".  Sounds like good reason enough.  I've been to Ethiopia and I can imagine that getting around Africa in the rainy season could be a difficult task.  But, then again, I think Ethiopia is in the worst drought in over 60 years.  ?????  Is this irony???

During this time, our agency said that they will still issue referrals if they are ready.  Of course, because families won't be passing court and getting embassy clearances, it also means that the transitional home won't be having many "transitions".  Less transitions = less possibility of new children transitioning in = less chance we'll get that call.  *sigh*
STILL ... It *could* happen, BUT ... if it does, we'll WAIT again ... because the COURT IS CLOSED!

The court is estimated to be closed until early October.  I know, I know, 2 entire months of nothingness. BLAH!  This is like water torture.  

I did hear that MOWCYA (the Ministry of Woman's, Children's and Youth Affairs) is still open during court closures so hopefully they will take this time to play catch up on approval letters for the poor families who had gone to court but never passed before the closure because of that missing letter.  Oh man, pray for those families.  That. is. hard.  I pray on day one of opening, their is a flood of good news several of my friends who are now STUCK. WITHOUT. THEIR. KIDS!!

So, I guess until October, the offices of the court are out.  I wonder what they are doing?  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs