Friday, June 10, 2011

And the wait continues ...



Six Months Waiting ... 
Another DTEversary ...

 I know that by now many of you are so tired of hearing me say things like "Jesus, I was thinking today would be a good day", "another day of possibilities", "sure would be fun if ....", "Dreaming of Levi", "dreaming of the call", "Heeellllo 703, are you there", "Another week of possibilities", "bummer, not today", "5:00 Fridays are no fun in the adoption world".  

Oh believe me I know by now you just skip that post on Facebook or on my blog.  Ya Ya Ya, Another day, another month ... same story different day in that girl's world.  Geesh ... doesn't she think about ANYTHING else?

Can you imagine with me for a minute though being like 9 months pregnant (or at least feeling that way) and having NO CLUE what day might be the actual due day.  I mean, sure, we don't know what DAY our child's birth will come during a pregnancy, but we know that 1-2 weeks past 40 weeks, that some Dr. will say "let's induce, she's gone long enough".  He won't let you pop!  We know that we will muster through some sleepless nights, some uncomfortable back aches, a lot of waddling around, and a growing waist line ... but there is an ending timeframe that we can fix our eyes and heart on.  We have a timeframe and deadline for nursery preparation and well, the heart preparation that goes with it.  

Yep, that's pretty much the same feeling in the adoption world less one big thing ... a timeframe.  Having done labor and delivery twice and now a second International adoption, I will say in confidence ... I think adoption just might be labor without an epidural every day.  

Now, am I saying it isn't worth it ... NO WAY!  That's definitely NOT what I am saying.  If you are being called to adopt, know that those aches and pains of the process come with more blessings and joys than one could also imagine.  I'm certain ... like the epidural's I loved during delivery, that there is no way that I could get through each adoption process without the only epidural that this process allows and needs ... HIM!  Thankfully, our Savior does in fact give you just enough to get through each waiting day.   

So, today, on the DTEversary of 6 months.  Today, when I am waddling around like a duck, have an aching back, and braxton hicks contractions, I'm going to take the only med that does me good ... a little more of his perspective and placing my trust in the only thing I do know ... HIM!  

"We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal".  - 2 Corinthians 4/18  


"But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me." - Micah 7:7



1 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Adoption is labor without an epidural. . .everyday!!! Love it!! Having negotiated a Russian adoption, I can soooo relate!! God bless and I hope that you can get some drugs soon and that they don't wear off too soon. . . : ) Blessings!

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs