Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bring my child home ...



O.K. so I have been so excited about Cindy's EP release and we've been working away on the "No Double Yellow Line" event, but today, in the very short few minutes of quiet I had ... I went back and watched AGAIN ... and listened AGAIN to the words she wrote.  Inspired by and for all the families working to bring home children, and in particular the families and children of "Haiti Children's Rescue Mission" (HCRM), the words pierced my heart.  I felt like today, they were my words.  Lord, hear our cries.  In my quiet today, I confess disappointment in your timing.  I know it's YOURS and I know in the end it's perfect ... but I confess that today, that resonates in my mind but the message has skipped my heart.
I have been blessed beyond words with so many birthday wishes today, but I have made a wish that only the Lord who created me can fulfill.  This birthday, it feels incomplete.  Lord hear our cries to "Bring our Children Home".  Lord hear my cries to simply show me the child I am waiting to know.
Watch the video again and stare at each and every one of those faces ... including my beautiful Maliah.  Every one of those children were longed for, pursued, chosen and prayed for.  Every one of those families wept tears of frustration and disappointment but were complete in the end with his joy and elation!  There is a scripture in the bible that simply says "Jesus Wept".  I wonder, with each tear we cry, does he share in our ache?  I wonder with each celebration high, does he rejoice with the angels?

I hope you loved what you just heard.  The heart and emotion behind every song written on Cindy's newest EP will resonate with every family who walks this journey ... and journey it is to "Bring our Children Home".

I hope you'll come out and enjoy our event.  Go to "No Double Yellow Line"  and register under the "EVENT" to join us.  It's free ... and you will be blessed.  *Remember seating is limited so don't hesitate*

1 comments:

Cindy M said...

Thanks so much, Cristie, for sharing this today, and for your honesty and transparency. We do all want to wait on what we know is our Father's perfect timing, but it's just not as easy to live it out day after day and month after month. And sometimes year after year. God continues to tell me, "not yet." He's keeping the doors closed for now, cracked only enough to keep me working and praying and yearning. And some days like today, I don't handle that very well. So YOUR timing blessed me. And Cindy's voice blessed me. Thanks, again.

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs