Tuesday, May 24, 2011

He has the days numbered ...

Dear Levi

The past few nights we have prayed in boldness for the Lord to show us YOU!  We are quickly approaching what will be "court closures" in Ethiopia.  This means that during the months of August and September the court will be closed for the rainy season and their will be no court dates given.  No court = no visit to you, no becoming OURS forever until they open again ...and well, it is Ethiopia .. only they know that day.
Typically it's 2-3 months out from referral that a family travels to court so the reality is, if your referral does come we will be stuck without you again.  However, recently I have been having such vivid dreams.  In my dreams we get your referral and very quickly get a court date for the last day of July.  I am literally in my dream racing to beat the clock for you.   My Momma's heart is so living on that prayer.

Last night I had the most vivid dream of our referral moment and the moment I saw your face.  My heart must be well prepared and perhaps the day will soon come indeed.  We will only know when he shows us his hand and his timing.   Though it doesn't feel perfect, we know it is.

I wanted you to know though, Levi, as you look back at your journey that each and every night we prayed for you and your arrival home.  We dreamt of you, talked of you and included thoughts of you in all of our preparations and plans.  Yesterday during nap time your big sister Maliah was crying.  It was an intense set of emotions she was going through and without prompting she said "I miss my Levi and want him home".  You are talked of often and I believe in our hearts, you have been born.  Watching the swell of emotions from your 5 year old sister reminds me of this truth.

Though we can't see the Lord at work in this story, we know he is.  Much like each day, we can't see our breathe or the wind in the air ... it is there.  So is his presence and his hand in your story.  We may not see it now, in this moment what he is up to ... but I think our spirit does.  He is preparing a place for you ...

We are so ready!

1 comments:

Debb said...

Precious post. Waiting Sucks. Period. But seeing his face really WILL make it all worth it!!! Praying that you see his face soon and get a CD with a passing grade before the closures!!!!!!! Praying for similar swiftness with our son as well!!!!! ;) Hhhmmmmmm.....maybe they are in the same room together!!!! Blessings!

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs