Friday, November 12, 2010

On pause and backlogged

There hasn't been much news in the adoption front.  As many people have asked recently, I call this "adoption on pause".  We have sent our I-600A paperwork and home study, birth certificates and marriage license into USCIS (Immigration Services) and are just waiting on a biometrics fingerprint appointment.  We got a teaser letter in the mail the other day.  When your on the journey to adoption, you begin to stalk your mailbox for anything with a return address of "Department of Homeland Security".  A few days ago, I checked the mail and there it was, the famous envelope  not so envelope.  It was only a letter telling us to be expecting the appointment letter.  ARGH!  So, here we are, we are on pause.  One more virtue you learn during an adoption ... patience.  The next step after that will be to wait for them to send our 'I-171".  With that last document, our paperwork goes to Ethiopia and then we will be stalking the caller ID for phone calls from the area code 703 ... America World's offices.  One day soon, on the other end will be our family coordinator to tell us about our son.  THAT is the call I cannot wait to receive!

In the meantime, I'm trying to do some updating on our family blog of all that has gone on in the past few months.  I am in backlog mode for sure and so negligent of posting updates there.  So much going on, I just haven't taken time to sit down.  Guilty as charged!  Anyways, jump on over to our family blog and check it out.  You will see several posts titled "Backlog blog post".  I still have several to do ... sadly ... but this is a start.

1 comments:

Chelsey said...

Oh yes, I remember the 'teaser letter' quite well. Nothing like dashing hopes! lol We tell everyone who asks it's very much "hurry up ... and wait!" all the time.

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs