Saturday, October 23, 2010

Blow me away, Bake Sale!

I don't even have the words that would adequately express all the work, all the time, all the energy and all the heart my precious friend put into the Benefit Bake Sale she put on for us today.  After weeks of planning and hours and hours of baking, it was a smashing success!
I awoke this morning to the sound of thunder and rain.  Immediately, my heart began to race because last night Kimberly's kitchen table looked like this ...

And that didn't even put a dent into what was in the refrigerator and freezer in my garage.  The sound of that rain my heart race and immediately lying in bed I prayed begged the Lord to please have mercy today. What in the world would we do with all these goodies?  

As quick as it rained, it stopped and the sky began to lighten up.  The Bake Sale was a GO!

It was a complete success and as of tonight, without counting the change (with exception to quarters), the sale brought in $681.  WOWIE!  Just enough to file that I-600A that is the next step in our adoption.  Yup, indeed, exactly what we need!  

I am going to post some pictures here of our day because I want Levi to see how much heart was put into bringing him home.  So many people showed up and so many gave generously well past the amount their items "cost".  We were so blessed indeed!  
It was also super fun to watch Kimberly do her thing!  She is super talented!  If you are in the San Antonio area and are in need of baked items; cakes, cupcakes, delicious cookies for an event and more .. check her out!  


                             


I am blessed!  


Kimberly's son, Alex directing traffic


Busy Busy indeed!

Sweet Kimberly, the Queen Busy Baking Bee and me

My beautiful blue eyed beauty!

My precious boy, Canyon, in between basketball games directed traffic!

It's serious stuff marketing a bake sale! 




1 comments:

Marty Leavitt said...

Love it~ You guys are so creative and your friend can bake! The treats look amazing, truly amazing. What a precious friend. One step closer. Congrats! Enjoy the journey. Adoption is such an amazing thing to do because you are able to see God so active in details. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs