Monday, January 14, 2013

Big Days for a Big Boy!

It has been a whirlwind week and to update you on the post from "Surrender" ... our little Z tested at the school campus less than 20 hours after I first stepped into the school to ask questions and we received word in - oh - about less than 1 hour after that test that he qualified for the pre-K program up at the school.  They wanted him the very next day.  Ahhh --- what!  Well, for one, this Momma needed a few days to prepare my heart AND as it turns out, he needed a few more immunizations we weren't yet caught up on.  All that being said, today - ONE WEEK - from the first time I put out there in FB land that I needed help and what should I do with Z for language acquisition etc - we have answers and a plan!  Yeah, apparently, when you say "I surrender" the Lord breathes a fresh breathe of air and is so thankful that you have finally given over your control - that he MOVES!

This morning, he went off for his first day.  I'll admit, I had to choke back some tears and the lump in my throat to say good bye left me short on words.   Cristie - short on words?  This never happens!  All in all, it was another beautiful little sign that the Lord is working on that big ol' ugly word in the adoption world called - attachment.  As I drove away from school, my eyes filled with tears again.  I think I can say from the pit of my gut and the bottom of my heart - I love that darn little kid to pieces!  He's stolen my heart and has grown his own precious place there.  I think I'll keep him.  HAHA.





But, not to be overshadowed by the first day of Pre-K was the very first birthday party!  Oh yes we did celebrate the big FIVE on Sunday before we started this school adventure.  His birthday was actually the Thursday before but seeing as how we're a big, crazy and busy family - we couldn't do a party that night.  Unlike the other kids, if we did a small celebration Thursday, Z wouldn't understand when we did a party on Sunday what was going on.  I mean - do we celebrate two days for our birthdays and WHAT is a birthday anyways?  I think not.  We ordered all the kids into a swearing of silence on Thursday and mentioned nothing within an ears shot of Z that it was indeed his big day.  To be honest, we don't know if that was the actual day of his birth anyways since his birth Momma only knows the "season" and timeframe of his arrival and not the calendar day.  Sunday?  Thursday?  Whatever ... it was celebrated!  He asked when he saw this presents if he could open "Christmas".  Um, he might be a tad bit confused.  I mean, we did say Christmas was a birthday ....
Here's the proof!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Lead us to Levi

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs